Manager, Software Development
Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Portfolio Pathway based out of Warrenville, IL is a wealth management platform provider with a strong reputation for providing portfolio management, rebalancing, trading, fee billing and third-party manager capabilities, currently providing services to 800,000+ platform accounts representing over $34 billion in assets.
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Software Development to lead the Portfolio Pathway development team in developing our wealth management platform. You will drive and contribute to strategic planning, improving team practices, and be responsible for project execution. Additionally, you will recruit, hire and develop the industry’s top engineering talent. We are looking for a proven technical leader that has built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Work with Technology and Product Leadership in order to coordinate the execution of our roadmap
- Provide technical direction to the team
- Continue to maintain and enforce coding standards and development patterns
- Work with team to drive Agile SDLC
- Drive good engineering practices and architecture
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps
- Continue to innovate on the platform to support digital advice adoption
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability
- Demonstrate software engineering leadership and be an evangelist for engineering best practices
- Encourage the growth of direct reports through skills development, objectives and goal setting
- Lead and manage developers, holding the team accountable for meeting performance standards and team performance goals; mentor staff; measure staff performance and complete regular performance reviews
- Encourage the sharing of technical knowledge and the free-flow of ideas throughout the team to build cross-functionality and expertise
- Marginal Responsibilities - Stay abreast of leading technologies in the industry, evaluating emerging software technologies and trends
Work Experience / Knowledge
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
- 7+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience in using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile, Continuous Integration/Delivery, DevOps etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Excellent leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent
- Deep understanding of development processes and methodologies
- Strong coding ability using C# and .Net stack
- Excellent time management, communication, decision making, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar is required
- Master’s degree preferred
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible, and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.