Quality Assurance Engineer
Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Portfolio Pathway based out of Warrenville, IL is a wealth management platform provider with a strong reputation for providing portfolio management, rebalancing, trading, fee billing and third-party manager capabilities, currently providing services to 800,000+ platform accounts representing over $34 billion in assets.
The development team is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to help them in their mission of delivering world-class technology solutions to investment advisors and their clients.
This position is in our Warrenville, IL office.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with the team to deliver and support an impeccable quality product. You will work throughout the full testing lifecycle to ensure the quality of complex software solutions.
You will establish manual and automated test scripts for functional and acceptance testing as well as verify all software functions as desires, according to the user requirements and established guidelines. You will set high standards, test automation and actively participate in the product design and development process.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Ensure that the final software product meets the desired quality standards
- Write and execute effective manual and automated test cases and test plans
- Documenting defects, tracking issue resolution and providing test automation reports
- Continuous improvement of test processes and practices
- Testing of software changes to ensure that changes meet the defined business requirements and do not introduce risk
- Work as an integral member on a team and practice agile processes
- Logging defects
- Generating test data and data validation
- Design, create and deploy automated test scripts for functional and acceptance testing
- Contribute to building a highly effective team
- Ensure coverage of high risk and high priority functionality
- Continuous improvement
- Provide constructive feedback to team members with the goal of improvement
- Activity contribute during retrospectives and stand-ups
Work Experience / Knowledge
- Minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated proficiency with Software Testing / QA methodology, process and deliverables
- Scripting / programming languages
- Dev Ops Processes
- Experience writing and debugging automated test scripts
- Hands on experience with test automation frameworks and testing tools (Selenium, .Net Test)
- Experience with test management systems (Azure DevOps)
- Experience working in an Agile Testing environment
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display a high level of initiative and trouble shooting skills
- Understanding and application of DevOps principles
- Honest, positive, approachable, self-aware, self-regulating and self-motivating
- Demonstrates a strong interest in testing and quality of the product
- Work prioritization, planning and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field is required
- Certification in software testing (ISTQB) preferred
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible, and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.